The Mission of the Warren-Washington Association for Mental Health, Inc. (WWAMH) is to improve the quality of life for those affected by mental illness and to promote the awareness and importance of mental wellbeing in the community.
- We will operate in a client-centered manner with respect for the individual’s rights to self-determination and self-expression.
- We will treat individuals with respect and with recognition of their human dignity and we will strive to dismantle barriers between providers and recipients of services.
- We believe in the ability of individuals to improve and grow when positive conditions for growth are created.
- We will work in active partnership with recipients of services as well as with families and other agencies and organizations.
- We will provide services and develop environments that help mediate stress and reduce the incidence of psychiatric crisis and need for hospitalization by improving the quality of life of people in the community through meaningful treatment and community support programs.
- We will work to expand the resources available to individuals and opportunities for personal development and growth.
- We will work to educate the public and the legislators as to the legitimate needs and rights of people with psychiatric disorders or problems as well as to the real nature of mental illness, the efficiency of treatment, and the importance of mental health to society.